cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error Message

Johnny0014
2-Guest

Error Message

Johnny0014_0-1586025958351.png

Every time i want so save my file this error message appears? Do you know how to fix it?

6 REPLIES 6

Attach, bitte, your file!

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

How could he attach the file if he is not able to save it correctly?

@Johnny0014 

Does it happen with every file you try to save? Does it also happen if you open an already existing, saved file and you try to save it again?

Which file name do you try to save the file to? Did you try using a simple filename like "abc" (you should not need to type the extension *.mcdx).

Anyway, I have no idea what the reason what the reason for your problem may be, but I suggest that you contact PTC support.

I can save the file if i have not written anything in it. But if i write anything in the file i cant save is. This error occurs.

Unfortunately, your video doesn't want to play on my laptop, so I can't see what's going on.

Perhaps Valery meant "could you please post the >>log<< file that's listed in your error message?

What was filename that you tried to save it as, including extension? Did the name contain any characters that don't occur in a US keyboard layout?

@Johnny0014,

• Rename the file MathcadPrime.exe.Config to old_MathcadPrime.exe.Config  in the location "C:\Program Data\PTC\Mathcad Prime"
  • Rename the folder PTC to old_PTC in the location " C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Local"
  • Clear temporary files on machine
  • Try launching Mathcad using administration privileges.
  • If none of the above steps works you can try to uninstall and reinstall Mathcad Prime also, get in touch with PTC technical support for more assistance. 
Top Tags