cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error in Pdesolve

Gigiont
1-Newbie

Error in Pdesolve

Hello,

I'm trying to solve a "standard" 2D partial differential equation but the Pdesolve function gives the error: "The initial conditions are not consistent with the endpoints specified in the temporal range". I don't understand why.

I also copied the Worksheet example on using Pdesolve into the file and it gives "Unknown error".

I'm attaching the file in MC14.

Thanks for the help.

Gigi

3 REPLIES 3

The error message in Mathcad 15:

pde-error.png

I tried to solve problems by using functions pdesolve, but soon understand that this function is flawed and it did not take into Mathcad Prime. Or I do not understand this function.

Now I use the method finite elements.

See please three figs from the study 18 of the book Thermal Engineering studies with Excel, Mathcad and Internet

Problem: I know the temperature at the corners of a rectangular plate, and I want to know the temperature inside the plate. This solution we can be transferred to a box.

18-10-pdesolve-error.png

18-11-Pde-Plate-Progr.png

18-12-Counter-Plot.png

Try using the "relax" function for Poisson equations.

Alan

AlanStevens wrote:

Try using the "relax" function for Poisson equations.

Alan

Some text and figure 18.8 from the book Thermal  Engineering studies with Excel, Mathcad and Internet

"One such problem was just at the author’s hand who wrote and corrected the text the tablet PC, the back wall of which was warm in several places. This resulted in cooling down the tablet chips without using noisy and energy consuming fans built into laptops and desktops. Fig. 18.8 shows the final part of the Mathcad-document that calculates the temperature field of three chips on the computer board with two dimensions of x and y."

18-08.png

Top Tags