cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Error in plotting invlaplace

lulugrapefruit
3-Visitor

Error in plotting invlaplace

Hi,

I encountered an error when I tried to plot a graph including arguments (t and Δ(t)). The error says:This function has the form:f(f(Unitless)->Unitless)->Unitless, but must have the form:f(any1)->any2. I have attached the file. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot.

7 REPLIES 7

Your function i(t,delta) is the problem--you don't have a variable delta, delta is required to be a function of time

Capture.JPG

Can you evaluate this function for any single set of parameters?  i(1,0.01)=

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. I was suspecting the error was caused by the lack of definition as well. But I was not too sure exactly the delta(t) function was representing since it is derived from the inverse Laplace. Any ideas?

Are you sure your component values are OK? R1 and R4 are two extremely small resistors values...

Anyway, I threw the delta function out:

LucMeekes_0-1583758370603.png

Now the error is an overflow.

Success!
Luc

Hi Luc,

Thank you so much for your reply. Before I posted this thread, I was suspecting that the error was caused by the lack of definition of the function. But I am not so sure what exactly the delta(t) function represents. May I ask why you substituted delta(t) to 0? Thanks again.

Symbolically evaluate the delta function for a couple of parameter values, and observe the results. Make sure one of the values is 0...

LucMeekes_0-1583774921202.png

For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_delta_function

Success!
Luc

Hi,

I think there is an error in the analysis of the circuit. However the dimensions are not correct. I attach the file with the corrections, which I think needs to be done:

answer5.jpg

the Dirac impulse in the origin has been left out since the graph starts in an instant t> 0.

answer55.jpg

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. Will have a look at the circuit.

Top Tags