cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error message "unable to plot this too many points

richardm55
7-Bedrock

Error message "unable to plot this too many points

In my 2D plot when I process about half million time steps I get an error message:

"Unable to plot this too many points"

Any idea or clue where is wrong?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

The number of points in a 2D plot IS limited. The limit varies depending on the version of Mathcad you are using (Mathad 15, Prime 2, Prime 3, Prime4).

In Mathcad 15 the limit is 5*10^5, in Prime 4 the limit is 2*10^6

Simply reduce the step width for plotting - you won't be able to see difference in the plot anyway.

Numbers of points in Prime 4

NPPrime.png

Hi Valery!

Your image is, again, far too big, IMHO!!

Images that big clutter the threads and make them much harder to read and unclear. Images much smaller would be much better, streamlining the thread and better to navigate.

You probably use a 4K display like me and thats the reason for the big pictures,

If you don't want to go through the hassle of post processing the screenshots to shrink them, you could at least make them smaller when you insert them here - just resize them  with the mouse after you have inserted them with the "Photos" button and before you press "Post". Its quick and easy - it just has to be done.

What your picture shows is just a number of presets for quickplots and does not apply when you provide your own range variable or plot one vector over another.

As i have already written, the limit in Prime 4 is 2 million points for the whole plot.

Bild.png

Limits in older Prime versions were much smaller,  sometimes even smaller than the half million points allowed in a Mathcad 15 plot.

Bild2.png

Please attach your worksheet in the archive to the message.

Here is a picture showing this.

Maximum points is 420141 and there is Mathcad 15

@richardm55 wrote:

Here is a picture showing this.

Maximum points is 420141 and there is Mathcad 15

Can't be checked by just looking at your pictures.

As I already wrote and showed the limit in MC15 is definitely exactly 500000 points.

This limit applies to the whole plot  window and you are probably trying to plot two curves consisting of 420141 points each making for a total of 840282 points which sure exceeds this limit.

I've forgotten to answer because I've changed the time resolution for my plot and I've decreased number of points 10 times so the problem has disappeared for now.

Top Tags