cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error- "Too few initial conditions" equations

remslie
12-Amethyst

Error- "Too few initial conditions" equations

The differential equation solve block is giving an error regarding too few initial conditions. I have 3 second order equations and 6 initial conditions. I cannot understand why there is an error??

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks Ross

4 REPLIES 4

Mathcad's error messages have always been challenging to understand.  An error message in a solve block that can't be traced should usually be interpreted as, "I'm not sure what is the problem but I can't find a solution."

I never found a way to actually parse out what the issue is short of trial and error.

Fred, It amazes me how complex the code must be behind the what you see. The logic needed to investigate issues and give a meaningful error diagnosis must be just as complicated and I guess they dedicate less time to this than we would like. Thanks for your insights.

Cheers

Ross

AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:remslie)

check the definition of xb, it has a multiply between the name & the bracket

seems to be the only error - after this was corrected the sheet appears to run.

Regards

Andy

Andy,

I knew it had to be something simple. Such a powerful program but so often you get tripped up by simple syntax.The Community saves the day..........again!

Many thanks. Ross

Top Tags