cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Error when opening file with Images (JPG)

kkaterberg
1-Newbie

Error when opening file with Images (JPG)

Hi I get an error message when opening files with images. This can be images I added when I first created the file, or images that one of my coworker added/replaced the initial images in a later revision of the file. My coworker is having no problems opening the file, but when I go to open the file I get the following message and a gear with a red line across it.

The message was:

Some regions are corrupted and cannot be opened.

Log file is located at C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20140520_103637.log

IT support has looked and compared the JPG default programs, than suggested uninstalling and re-installing MathCad. I have done this and it still is having the same error message (new log file each time I believe).

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

What version of Mathcad Prime are you using?

I am using Prime3.0

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:kkaterberg)

Have you tried using Stuart's recovery worksheet?

The worksheet is self explanatory.

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Have you tried using Stuart's recovery worksheet?

Given that Kevin reports that his coworkers can open those sheets without problems it seems, that the sheet itself is OK (unless it gets continually damaged on the way to his computer).

I have tried a number of different files, but have yet to find one that I can open it and the images open up. This includes files that i created, and pasted the image into.

Thanks

To make it clear I attach three files in Prime 3 format.

One without any images, one with a JPG-image and one with the same image in PNG format.

From what I understand so far you will only be able to open the first one and get the "Corrupted region" error for the other two while your coworkers will be able to open all three files without any troubles - correct?

Interesting - It had no problem opening up the file you sent. I will try reinserting the image as you stated via Document/Image/... to see if that changes things.

I hoped that something magically fixed, between when i had last tried the Prime3 file and now, but it still ahve the same error.

Now to try re-inserting to see if that changes anything.

MathCadError_5_22.PNG

Strange. But you weren't able to open files with images created by your colleagues, right!?

I attach another testfile - this time the image was inserted from the clipboard via standard copy and paste - the file format (jpg, png or whatever) should not matter now.

You can attach a testfile with which you experience that error on opening so we can see if it fails for us, too. If it works OK for me I'll resave it and send it back.

From your screenshot I see that part of the sheet is displayed. What happens after you click OK? Can you use the sheet and work with it - only missing the the picture? I guess the crossed-out gear is the placeholder for the corrupt graphic region.

I just now started a blank sheet and inserted an image and it was able to open. It seems it must be files that we translated from MathCad 10 to Prime that it has the issue. I will see what i can do to upload a file (will need to remove some of the info as it has some proprietary calculations).

Unfortunately it seems i will need to completely rebuild the calculations for a second time after the initial re-builds i did (mostly re-organizing) in switching to Prime. Not how i would like the transition to go, but thank you very much for your help.

It seems you have led me to the issue. Apparently my computer is accessing the file on the shared drive differently than my co-worker. I will work with IT here to address that issue. I tested it by taking the file, blowing out the corrupt/missing images, Pasting is dumby images in its place, than saving it on my desktop (well as different 'private' network drive, then saving a copy back to that network drive that i have been working with my co-worker on. I then went in and opened the shared network version and got the same message, then went to my private drive and it opened cleanly.

I dont know if this is a MathCad issue or if it is a just something on my network, but i am leaning toward some network connectivity.

Mike,

We talk about Prime but not regular Mathcad:

Log file is located at C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20140520_103637.log

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Oops - I suppose that sheet will not work then

Top Tags