cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Excel Integration

MattLiberty
1-Newbie

Excel Integration

I am trying to create a vector in mathcad based on raw data from an excel file and i wass hoping for some help in doing this. I have been able to put an excel table into mathcad (prime 2.0), but i can't figure out how to extract the data from the excel file. Thanks for any help! I've have attached a small sample of what I would like to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you insist on using the Excel component you will put the appropriate commands for data extraction in the output section of that component - see attached (I recreated your Excel sheet and renamed it).

But if you just want to get the data from the excel sheet into Mathcad variables, you don't need the component but may just use READEXCEL alone. See attached two possible ways to do it.

BTW, did you come to an end with your iteration http://communities.ptc.com/message/208512#208512 ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you insist on using the Excel component you will put the appropriate commands for data extraction in the output section of that component - see attached (I recreated your Excel sheet and renamed it).

But if you just want to get the data from the excel sheet into Mathcad variables, you don't need the component but may just use READEXCEL alone. See attached two possible ways to do it.

BTW, did you come to an end with your iteration http://communities.ptc.com/message/208512#208512 ?

Thanks again, this should help a lot. And the iteration does precisely what I want it to do. I am still reworking my methodology and some issues with my equations but the iteration works perfectly so thank you!

What is the syntax if I want to convert a matrix from excel, such as a 5x5 matrix with rows F3-F7 and columns F3-J3 in this example? You can set it equal to the variable M.

You define a range in Excel by specifying the upper left and the lower right cell, separated by a colon, in your case F3:J3.

So you can do it in the output section the excel component

Excel1.png

or more simple (in my opinion) using just

Excel2.png

Top Tags