cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Excel and Mathcad

acarpenter-2
1-Newbie

Excel and Mathcad

Hi All, I sometimes use the excel function in Mathcad to aid with some back end processing. One of the things that bugged me in Prime 3.1 was that you could not use an excel component which had VBA macro's in. WHY?

When Prime 4.0 came out I would have thought that this would have been corrected, but no I still cant use macro enabled excel sheets.

As this is an issue for Mathcad, as its not an issue for excel could you not include a function that just links to the excel component and runs it. you have a read function

READEXCEL("filename...")

Can you not just have a WRITEEXCEL, RUNEXCEL commands which would solve the issue as it would run in the native office suite. If this is not to your liking then could you please put the ability to incorporate macro based excel sheets in!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:acarpenter-2)

This feature was not in the What's New guide for Prime 4, and I don't remember it even being on the feature list for Prime 4.

This forum is for users of Mathcad (and Prime), rather than for Mathcad/Prime developers. PTC personnel will occasionally peek in, but it's not guaranteed.

You should post this as a feature request. Then hopefully in Prime 5, 6, 7...10 somewhere it will be honoured.

Considering that READEXCEL is a 'premium feature' you have a license for the full Prime. This means that you are entitled to install and use Mathcad 15 too (alongside if you like).

Mathcad 15 is still more powerfull in many respects over Prime 4.

Does Mathcad 15 allow you to postprocess your data in Excel how you would like it?

Alternatively Mathcad 15 might natively already support the processing you require...

Success!
Luc

Love the answer

"Prime" is really not prime too bad the developers don't read this to see their idea of new and improved is so wrong!

‌the readexcel feature is not a premium feature and is exposed in the express version as a function. The excel

component  for embedding in excel is a premium feature

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tslewis)

Ah, thanks. I forgot to double-check.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Luc

Top Tags