cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Excel component not working Mathcad Prime 3.0

efontana
1-Newbie

Excel component not working Mathcad Prime 3.0

Excel componente is disabled in my Mathcad Prime 3.0. Has anyone experienced this problem? In any possible way I try to use this feature it does not become enabled for me to test.

Any comment will be welcome.

reg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Strange - this usually only happens if the cursor is inside a region and not on a free space in the sheet. Is this the case?

Which version of Excel do you have installed?

From the help: "To work with an Excel component, you must have Excel 2003 or later installed." But I guess this shouldn't be a problem nowadays.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Do you see this?

Excel1.png

This would mean that you have no valid license and your trial period is over - you are using Prime Express.

In the full version it should look like this

Excel2.png

and if you click Insert... you get a template like this

excel3.png

In Express you should still be able to use READEXCEL() and WRITEEXCEL().

Hi Werner, is not this problem. I have a full academic licence and it is fully functional, i..e, there is no locker in the excel or any other button of my interface. In my version, when I click on the Excel Component all items in the dropdown menu are grayed, i.e., disabled.

This is how it looks like

myscreen.jpg

Strange - this usually only happens if the cursor is inside a region and not on a free space in the sheet. Is this the case?

Which version of Excel do you have installed?

From the help: "To work with an Excel component, you must have Excel 2003 or later installed." But I guess this shouldn't be a problem nowadays.

It might be that. I have a special excel (MS Excel starter 2010). Would this be the reason? Maybe I have to instal the full office package for the excel feature to work.

I am not sure. I would have guessed that starter 2010 should suffice.

You need to upgrade from "Starter" version to higher. Mathcad/Mathcad Prime does not work with MS Office Starter.

VladimirN. wrote:

You need to upgrade from "Starter" version to higher. Mathcad/Mathcad Prime does not work with MS Office Starter.

Good to know. Is this documented somewhere?

No. This is my experience.

the cursor is not in any special region, by the way.

So I may suggest to contact PTC support.

[EDIT] which now should not be necessary accoring to Vladimir's post above.

I bought office 365 and after installing it the excel component worked. Thanks all you guys for your inputs.

It should definitely be documented by PTC that the Starter edition doesn't work with Prime!

Top Tags