cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Exchanging information between components

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Exchanging information between components

I have been using excel to post process data from another progam. To handle the data I am thinking of analyzing it one MathCAD worksheet then importing the results. I know how to analyze the data in one worksheet. This keep the deliverable worksheet small, but have access to the complete data files.

Another method I am consiedering is to run the prgram inside MathCAD. This program does support integration into MathLab, C++, and Python. I have limited experience in programing but a little insight may get me headed in the right direction.

Thanks for the support.

David Tg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wayne
3-Visitor
(To:tietjee)

An alternative, not nearly as elegant as Richard's, but could do the following:

If I understand, I think you want this flow:

Program A > Excell for post processing > Mathcad for further processing > Mathcad for Presentation

(or possibly directly to MCD) (with access to all results (and possibly Data)

a) The Mathcad file that your are doing the post processing in can be referenced into the second, file. It will take longer to open the second file, but the referenced file will not recalculate, so will be fine.

b) If the amount of processing the Mathcad file is such that it needs to be closed to clean up the memory, then in that file, write the results to a file and then import that file into the presentation Mathcad file. (Richard has a script for a button to write the results in a different, current, thread)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It depends on what the program does, and how it supports integration. More information is needed.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:RichardJ)

At thte moment I would like to exchange data and results of data between to MathCAD worksheets.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

These worksheets show how to do that.

wayne
3-Visitor

An alternative, not nearly as elegant as Richard's, but could do the following:

If I understand, I think you want this flow:

Program A > Excell for post processing > Mathcad for further processing > Mathcad for Presentation

(or possibly directly to MCD) (with access to all results (and possibly Data)

a) The Mathcad file that your are doing the post processing in can be referenced into the second, file. It will take longer to open the second file, but the referenced file will not recalculate, so will be fine.

b) If the amount of processing the Mathcad file is such that it needs to be closed to clean up the memory, then in that file, write the results to a file and then import that file into the presentation Mathcad file. (Richard has a script for a button to write the results in a different, current, thread)

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:wayne)

Wayne/Richard, Thank you for the suggestions. I have used referenced files before, but only to load functions. Should have thought for this application. I am going to look into using the scripts. The same data could be used in several different MathCAD files.

Thanks again, David Tg

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Sorry to chip in late, but couldn't you just export the results to a dummy excel sheet and call it in the next Mathcad worksheet?

Mike

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:MikeArmstrong)

Mike, Thanks for the idea. The best solution so far is the reference file feature. It better matches my data and how the data is being used. I have used Excel spreadsheets like you suggest.

Regards,

Top Tags