cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Export data

ptournier
1-Newbie

Export data

Hello,

I am using Prime 3.0. I want to export data from a trace in a plot into Excel. How can I do this?

I can see one can import data from Excel, but what about exporting from Mathcad to Excel?

Thanks in advance

Pascal

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ptournier)

One possibility is:

You can use WRITEPRN and APPENDPRN to write successive rows of a matrix to the same output file and after completion read the data into Excel as a (comma separated) delimited file.

Success!
Luc

Thank you. I'll try to do it this way. I have to get my data into a matrix. I have defined how to plot Gain ad Phase of a complex transfer function. I only have the traces so far. I'll try to manage that before using your advise.

Thanks

Pascal

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I don't have Prime 3 (but Express Prime 3.1 and 4). But I do have Mathcad 11.

You should be able to write a program like this in Prime 3 to produce a .CSV formatted file from a matrix:

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Ah, Prime (at least in version 3.1 and up) has the function WRITEFILE to write a matrix to a text or Excel file. So maybe you don't need to pragram at all.

Produces a file with contents:

"One"    "Two"    "Three"

1    2    3.14159265358979

-1    -2    -3.14159265358979

That is Tab-separated, which is also good for Excel.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

So probably an implementation of my WRITECSV function that better matches Prime's WRITEFILE function is:

Should anyone need this functionality in Mathcad (15 or below), it is attached.

Luc

Top Tags