cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Export in .txt

DanielGonzalez
1-Newbie

Export in .txt

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I hope you can help me.

I have a funtion:

f(x) = 2x and x = 1,2,3,4

I want using a Push Buttom (insert control) export the matrix x, f(x) in a .txt file.

This is posible? what is the script for this?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7

What do you want to use the push button for?

Can you not just write the data to a *.txt file as shown in my example?

Mike

Thank you for the answer...

I think in a botton to export the file when I want and not every think the soft calculate, but your answer help me.

I will explain exactly what I want to do.

I have a funtion:

f(x) =2x + 10

And x=1,2,3,4

I want export a .txt with this information:

12 1 $

14 2 $

16 3 $

18 4 $

I am a structural engineer and I need a file like this to import some information in to a structural soft.

All the Best

12 1 $

14 2 $

16 3 $

18 4 $

Does it have to be in this exact format, because I'm pretty sure if the $ symbol is included the format will have to be changed to a string.

Mike

Yes I have to be in that exact format.

I have an idea have to do it, but I will need you help to accomplished.

I can i create a matrix with f(x) , x?

If I can create a matrix, I can put it in an excel sheet, and i manually type $, because the

amount of "x" will never change so I only need to type the $ one time.

And then I can export it with the file .txt (your example)

All the best

Here.

To modify the script to do what you want change the liine

OutputFile.WriteLine(OutputLine)

to

OutputFile.WriteLine(OutputLine & Delimiter & "$")

and change the delimiter definition at the top of the script to whatever you want.

Hi,

After tried a lot struff, I did what I want to.

The only thing I will like to do, is with a buttom "enable evaluation" and "disable evaluation" of the .txt, so the file only will export when I want it.

Here is the file. Probably you can do the same in one or two steps, but thats the only way I could it think.

If you want to change it be my guest...

All the best

The only thing I will like to do, is with a buttom "enable evaluation" and "disable evaluation" of the .txt, so the file only will export when I want it.

There is no way to make a button do that for the file output control. At least, no way that wouldn't be at least 100 times as much work as modifying the file write button I just posted!

However, since you seem to be happy adding the $ symbol to the matrix Mathcad, and are currently using a tab as a delimiter, you can just use the button as is to write your file instead of the file output component.

Top Tags