cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Exporting from Mathcad to Word

Vitalik
1-Newbie

Exporting from Mathcad to Word

Hi all!

When i copy from mathcad and paste to word (i tried different paste options) text is ok, but formulas are as pictures, it is also if i save as .rtf file. Is there any way to export formulas to word as text or equations, and not as pictures?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Vitalik)

No, sorry. That's not possible. They would have to be converted to something like MS equation editor format, but there is no way to do that.

Thank you for your answer.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

As a variant: if you want to correct formulas which are in text document Word try to use program MathType: http://www.dessci.com/en/produc/ts/mathtype/

Thank you, i will try it definetly.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You're welcome.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have Office 2007 and Word has the option to insert a Mathcad document within the Word, so yes you can have live math with Word, and you can access each region by double clicking.

Mike

I work in the VB world, so I need my expressions in text form. I do it by copying the Mathcad expression(s) into a separate worksheet. In that worksheet I change the font for the expressions to Arial Regular 20. (Select the entire expression and use Format/Equation/Modify.) Then I save that worksheet as an HTML file. Mathcad saves each expression as a .jpg file.

I feed each jpg file into an online optical character reader (OCR). (I like using onlineocr.net.) It reads all the alphanumeric characters, but has trouble with the caret and the asterisk. It skips the caret and puts a period in place of the asterisk.

I copy and paste the expression from the online OCR into MS Word and replace the periods with asterisks. Then I look for missing carets. It takes a little time, but at least I didn't need to retype the entire expression. I verify that the Mathcad and VB expressions are equivalent by running several sets of parameters through both of them.

Ted

Top Tags