cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Expressing result in defined unit

sstory
1-Newbie

Expressing result in defined unit

Hello, I am a new user to MathCAD, and after searching other posts a bit I am still at a loss of how to express my results in a unit that is not available by inserting a custom unit. What I would like is to have my results expressed as "Msi". I can define the unit of Msi as 1*10^6 psi, but my results -- albeit correct -- are still displayed in psi. for example, if I defined M:= 42 Msi, the answer is expressed as M=42*10^6 psi. What I would like it to display the result as is "M=42 Msi". Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:sstory)

Click on the result, and you will see a placeholder to the right. Type the desired units into the placeholder.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Mathcad 15:

Msi.png

Same in Mathcad Prime 1.0 but without an area.

Areas we will have only in Mathcad Prime 2.0 - as we say in Russia "Хорошего понемножку!" Or "Обещанного три года ждут!"

I do not know correct translations of this Russian sayings. Can you help me?

MsiMCP.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

As Valery has indicated, you can create user defined units. Usually these are kept in a hidden area at the top of the worksheet.

Mike

When I need new units I do a reference on one sheet on Mathcad Server - and no problem.

When I see a new unit (Msi for example) I add it in this file:

UserUnits.PNG

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Good shout Valery, the only issue with that is that the worksheet is dependant on the reference worksheet then.

Mike

We can add in this file ALL units of ALL dimentions!

See for example units of length in Maple:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Units/Fig/1_01_10.gif

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Good shout Valery, the only issue with that is that the worksheet is dependant on the reference worksheet then.

Mike

You can download this file and do the reference on your computer or your local net.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You can download this file and do the reference on your computer or your local net.

Of course you could. That's a good idea.

Could make a master worksheet and include the reference at the top of every worksheet.

Mike

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Of course you could. That's a good idea.

Could make a master worksheet and include the reference at the top of every worksheet.

Mike

But the reference on Mathcad Server (my or PTC) is better - we (me) can always edit this file and add it!

See too the Properties of substances for Mathcad group!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Cheers Valery,

Mike

We can have a special template:

TemplateUnits.png

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Click on the result, and you will see a placeholder to the right. Type the desired units into the placeholder.

Richard Jackson wrote:

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-175199-28271/183-189/Msi.png

Top Tags