cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Extracting Data from MathCAD using VB.net

ptc-3912772
1-Newbie

Extracting Data from MathCAD using VB.net

Hi,

1. Trying to extract/ pass data to MathCAD 15.0 using Vb.Net (VB 2010- Dotnet Framwork 4.0).
  2. We are trying to pass 2 values (“A”, & “B”) from Vb.Net to MathCAD and then performing a simple calculation of (C=A+B) in MathCAD and extracting the value of “C” from MathCAD back to Vb.Net.
  3. The project was developed as per the documentation available; but there seems to be minor issue in reading data from MathCAD.
  4. Sample project and test MathCAD attached.

We will be thankful if someone can respond to our query.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It should be done like this.

VBNet Mathcad test example.PNG

You have to forget everything you know about VB6, and use .Net style.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It should be done like this.

VBNet Mathcad test example.PNG

You have to forget everything you know about VB6, and use .Net style.

Hello Viacheslav,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

The solution works just fine. Just one feedback ...

I was getting following error while I tried changing the values of A & B few times.

"The requested value was not found in the worksheet."

Not sure what the issue is.

Thanks again.

Surya

musa1988
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3912772)

Hello,

i dont know if anyone will respond but i would be very happy if anyone could ^^

I downloaded Visual Basic 2010 and to be honest i am not a progammer. I wanted to do quiet the same and it doesnt looks too complicated. I want to sent a value into my sheet and get the result exactly like in the example above. But when i open the file and start VB it is telling me that myA or myB has an "system.nullreferenceexception in my Mathcad.exe..." and is not calculating. 

How can i solve this? After i would just adjust it to my sheet (well this is my idea ^^) 

maybe someone can help if it is not too complicated. 

greeting

musa1988
6-Contributor
(To:musa1988)

Hi. 

Hmm no one here who knows/or has the skills to give some tips ? Are there templates ? Like for task just to sent some variables and show the results ? Im still trying but unable to understand it really ....

If there are any tutorials or sth similar would be really nice 🙂 

Top Tags