cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Feature request: math expressions formating

Zigor
1-Newbie

Feature request: math expressions formating

Hello,

I would like to be able to format math expressions: change font size, color, put a rectangle around them or background color (like in Mathcad 15)... And I would also like to be able to put a vector symbol above a variable, or an underscore (as when referring to phasors is electrical engineering).

Bye, Zigor.

2 REPLIES 2
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:Zigor)

Hi Zigor,

We are working on implementing most of your requests.

Best regards,

Mona

SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:mzeftel)

Ah I would love if most my request was to be implemented (not just related to formattings but all in all).

Well, regarding formatting of Math I once again will point to the Ph.D. report by Morten Misfeld (I know I mailed this sometime ago, it's about how mathematicians works and includes parts about how writing is an important part and in which way this is done - if anybody is interested I can mail you a copy). Putting arrows above a variable is a very small step compared to what is needed; another one small step will be single and polyline "if" structures for piecewise functions (not the programmering ¤!&# that you have put into Prime) and commutative diagrams will be even another one. Then trees is also part of written math, and how about graphtheory as well? Seems that the corner of discrete mathematics more or less has been forgotten in both Mathcad and Prime.

Top Tags