cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

File Conversion to PDF (Help Me!)

MoisesT
2-Guest

File Conversion to PDF (Help Me!)

Hello,,, I  have the version 3.0 Prime (paid for this version while a study at the university). I got some interesting sheets that were apparently made in prime 5.0 version, so I can't open them in my version. I know is impossible to change it, because my version is older wich is ok, I just want to see the content as PDF and then I can rewrite it all. Could anyone tell me how to convert this sheets to PDF or if PTC can help me with this conversion?  my email is torres_52145@students.pupr.edu or ingtorremendez@gmail.com

3 REPLIES 3

Here you are

Wao!! so fast and kind! thank you my friend! I really appreciate your help

Smiley Happy

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MoisesT)

Note that you can install the Express edition of Prime 5, free of charge, onto the same PC. It will allow you to read Prime sheets from all current versions. Prime 3 and Prime 5 can co-exist and run independently on the same PC. But there is also a downside:

- It allows you to read, not necessarily execute Prime sheets. Certain function are designated 'Premium' features, that PTC banned from use on the Free Express Prime. These function will not run in Prime Express. But still, you can see all input.... and output as far as it is saved.

- Installing the Express edition of this newer version may break your ability to translate Mathcad (15 and before) sheets to Prime. {Note that there is NO tool whatsoever to translate any Prime sheet to any previous Prime or Mathcad (15 and before) format.} But if you don't need that facility...

- There may be other caveats.

To be on the safe side:

Use a spare PC (running a 64-bit windows OS) and install Prime 5.0 Express on that machine to allow reading/viewing all Prime sheets.

You could even Install Prime 3 express on that machine and be able to copy expressions over from Prime 5 Express to Prime 3 express. Unfortunately the stability of PTC software is such that probability is high that it makes the application crash every now and then. But is works as long as it works...

Success!
Luc

Top Tags