cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

File Description

Joeboy
12-Amethyst

File Description

As I suspect others do, I have thousands of Mathcad files, many very similar. I would like to be be able to write a brief description of the file THEN I would like to be able to click on the file to see ONLY the description, not open the file. Hopefully this could be done somewhat faster than waiting for the file to open. This would make it much easier to find the file I'm looking for.

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Joeboy)

That's a good idea. In MC15 you can already add a description in the metadata ("File", "Properties"). Maybe you can add one in Prime too, but if you can I can't figure out how. So all that is needed is a preview of that description in the file open dialog.

In addition, it would be nice to have a tool that would allow one to index all their Mathcad worksheets, and then sort a list based on the various metadata entries, or search for particular metadata. Then open the selected file in Mathcad.

Joeboy
12-Amethyst
(To:RichardJ)

Yes, you can put a description of the in file===>properties in 15, BUT you have to open the file to see it, that seems somewhat redundant to me. I want to open only the description, not open the file. I like your idea of being able to index files, that would make my life alot simpler

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:Joeboy)

If I right-click on any file (in Windows) and select"properties/summary" there is tiltle, subject, . . .,and finally comments.

All we need now is a VB expert who could fill that it from the mathcad file . . .

All we need now is a VB expert who could fill that it from the mathcad file . . .

It's strange that it's not already filled in from the Mathcad metadata.

Even if it were filled in it's a lot of trouble to look at it for each file though.

Top Tags