cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

File Type Error MathCad Prime 3.1

agent
1-Newbie

File Type Error MathCad Prime 3.1

Good Morning Community,

I have having a hiccup here with a file I have put a substantial bit of work into.  The file has been working fine for weeks including this morning however now I am getting an error listed:

The file type is not supported.

Log is located at

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Matchcad Prime\Logs\MathcadPrime_Exception_20151208_095225.log

Can anyone please assist me in recovering this file?  I have a backup saved from yesterday but I'd hate to reverse almost a full man day of work!

Thanks so much,

--Adam

12 REPLIES 12
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:agent)

The file you attched, ETYP-0080.mcdx, is only containing  a number of zero bytes. So its useless - there is no information in that file which can be recovered.

As Prime does not offer facilities like Autosave as we are used frome Mathcad15 and below,, you will have to resort to a backup you made yourself.

WE

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Looking at it in Notepad++, your file consists entirely of NUL and NUI characters (I'm not even sure what the latter are) and, as far as I can tell, nothing else. There's more than 13 million of them, all on one line. So there's nothing in there to recover.

trussell
1-Newbie

i too am having trouble with a " file type not supported" message. I was using the file 3 days ago no problem, now theirs a problem.@
I've seen others posting the file up and having it fixed, can someone please give me a hand?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:trussell)

Please attach the file.

my cell phone shows i had attached the file but here on my computer it doesn't show. i cant seem to find any way to attach it again either! how do i attach a file to this blog?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

At the top right of the edit dialog it says "Use Advanced Editor". Click on that, and you will get a new edit dialog where you can attach files.

You will not see this if you reply directly from your inbox; you need to go to the discussion thread and reply from there.

im sorry i missed that hyperlink. i was to focused on the actual dialog box. attached is the file I'm having issues with. thank you for responding quickly and for giving me a hand.

the file is also attached to my first post

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Nope, that's the log file (twice). There's nothing to recover from that file.

Attach the 'Mathcad_Program_Gearbox.mcdx' file that you had problems with loading if you want to have at least a chance of recovering...

Luc

sorry, reading other forums i was under the impression that the log is what was needed to solve the problem. no pun intended.

Hi Thomas,

- Sorry, but there's no content in the file.

This is all that NotePad++ can see

Capture.PNG

Regards

Andy

Sorry - the file you sent consists only of NUL bytes. There is no information there which could be recovered.

Top Tags