cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Find Block (solutions with units)

ptc-6744531
1-Newbie

Find Block (solutions with units)

Hey, I am unable to solve my find block. I've defined my 2 equations, with a total of 2 unknowns, and have initial guesses for both. When I try to solve for the 2 variables, it says that my find function is undefined.

Anyway to solve this?

Im using mathcad 15. thanks

In the file, its under "Analysis".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mathcad does not allow for values of different dimension in one vector. The result your solve block would yield is a vector consisting of one unitless value (angle alpha) and one value of length (depth) so you cannot display that vector using the equal sign.

But you can assign the result to a vector with two variable names and evaluate those later one by one:

1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mathcad does not allow for values of different dimension in one vector. The result your solve block would yield is a vector consisting of one unitless value (angle alpha) and one value of length (depth) so you cannot display that vector using the equal sign.

But you can assign the result to a vector with two variable names and evaluate those later one by one:

1.png

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mathcad does not allow for values of different dimension in one vector.

Sorry.

Mathcad 15 does not

Prime allows

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

Mathcad does not allow for values of different dimension in one vector.

Sorry.

Mathcad 15 does not

Prime allows

Correct, and we are dealing with Mathcad 15 here.

BTW, for me Prime is not Mathcad.

Calvin,

Fuction FIND in Mathcad 15 can not return a vector with different units.

See solution this problem in attached file.

Viktor

Viktor

You won't need to "get rid"/divide by rad as basically its not a unit, its 1.

Furthermore, if you omit the evaluation equal sign after the Find command you don't need to remove and later add again the unit meter either.

You're right, Werner. Thank you.

Viktor

Viktor
Top Tags