cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Finite Element Method 2D and 3D

lramoslima
8-Gravel

Finite Element Method 2D and 3D

Hello everyone !

Someone can provide examples of finite element analysis calculations using 2D and 3D elements. If anyone has experiences with this type of calculation please help me.

Thanks !

19 REPLIES 19

Is it one 2D example of FEM&

18-10-pdesolve-error[1].png18-11-Pde-Plate-Progr[1].png18-12-Counter-Plot[1].png

Hi,

Mathcad has a e-book called "Finite Element Beginnings" by D. A. Pintur.  This is an introduction you could use.

Cheers

Tezza

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:lramoslima)

I Iramoslima,

the argument, as you know, is vast and complicated. I give you an outline about the difference method theory which is almost similar to the one on finite elemets method, to get an idea of what it is. I add some examples, of which some are downloaded from the community. I forgot to tell you that some results must be verified since they are not copied by some text.

1)pde1.jpgpde3.jpgpde4.jpgpdex.jpgpdey.jpgpdez.jpg

pde5.jpgpde6.jpgpde7.jpg

Greetings

FM

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:-MFra-)

pde8.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

pde9.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

It would be more correct to write so:

pde5 correction.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Errata corrige:

pde7.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,
do you have any questions?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

pde10.jpgpde11.jpgpde12.jpgpde13.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

pde14.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

pde2.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

pde15.jpgpde16.jpgpde17.jpgpde18.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Errata-corrige:

pde16 correction.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi,

when working with partial differential equations we can  replace partial derivatives with finite differences approximations as previously seen. If we opt for finite element method, we must seek an approximation w to the unknown function like this:

approximation.jpg

where P(x) is a prescribed function (basis functions or trial functions or shape functions) and unknown coefficients u.

rgunwaldsen
14-Alexandrite

This has been a very interesting and informative thread. You have done a great deal of work. However, it is difficult to follow the content in the large images. Would you be willing to post the worksheets?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:rgunwaldsen)

Answer to:answer 12.jpg

I'm sorry but it's not possible.

If you have support, look for article "CS173039" Finite Element Beginnings. I haven't gone through the course myself but it might be worth checking out.

By the way, the content of this web page can be viewed in the attached PDF file.

Top Tags