cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Firecrackers 2018 or 4-d order curve and 14 points

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Firecrackers 2018 or 4-d order curve and 14 points

I ran firecrackers for my granddaughter on New Year's night. That's what we saw in the sky: a 4-d order curve passes through 14 points!

2018-3.gifQ

Questions:

1. What case is more fine, interesting?

2. Why sometimes one point is out of the curve? Is it my error or an error of the numeric math of Mathcad 15?

3. Can you create better program of curve plotting?

Help me with the 5-th and more order curves! 

23 REPLIES 23

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

2. Why sometimes one point is out of the curve? Is it my error or an error of the numeric math of Mathcad 15?

Sorry! I have find an error - 14 not 13 in one place of the sheet! It was my mistype!

2018-4.gif

Predator (Wrench)

2018-4-1a.png

Elk

2018-4-9.png

Alien

AlienAlien

Butterfly

ButterflyButterfly

Tooth

ToothTooth

Little Man

Little ManLittle Man

Roundabout on the road

Roundabout on the roadRoundabout on the road

Palette of the painter

Palette of the artistPalette of the artist

Hernia (херня какая-то)

HerniaHernia

Cuckold

CuckoldCuckold

Deer

DeerDeer

OMG, looks like you really miss your personal private groups where you used to put that kind of collections, right? Man Wink

> 3. Can you create better program of curve plotting?

Not me, but "uni" already did. I would suggest that you use the implicitplot2d() routine by Viacheslav N. Mezentsev which was posted in the forum here quite a few times in the good old days. His routine is much speedier and the results usually are a lot better!

> Help me with the 5-th and more order curves! 

Any specific reason you are interested in that? Basically the same method but not more interesting, I guess?

Keep in mind that even very small displacements of the initial points may have a big impact on the shape of the curve:

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Thanks, Werner for the Viacheslav N. Mezentsev method!

I will use it!

Yes, I gave it a try and as you can see by the screenshots, Viacheslavs method really is lightning fast.

The 10th order curve took just a few seconds to draw - while of course the order is not very important when it comes to implicitplot2d(). Its rather the preparing and solving of the system which takes up a little more time.

Looks like embedding videos does not work for me. Maybe a similar problem with the Mathcad codec as we had in Jive?

Bild.png

Hi, Werner!

Attach please the sheet for 10-th order curve!

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Hi, Werner!

Attach please the sheet for 10-th order curve!

Its no special sheet - its one and the same sheet for any order. But its a quick hack and with orders greater than 17 I get an exception error. Maybe I find the time to fix that.

In the meantime here are two videos attached. One showing curves with different orders and one which shows the change of shape resulting from small displacements of the initial points.

Thanks, Werner!

1. We can by help the while operator last only the sets of point with good distance between couples!

2. I convert videos to gif files and intuit here as photos. See please your video-2. Better to show in animations n points as orders of curves!

Werner-2.gif

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Thanks, Werner!

1. We can by help the while operator last only the sets of point with good distance between couples!

Yes, there are a lot of possibilities to play around with if we would have the time to do so, but I doubt that there would be a sensible application for it.

2. I convert videos to gif files and intuit here as photos. See please your video-2. Better to show in animations n points as orders of curves!

The video in question never was intended to be viewed as an animation. Its just a succession of completely different pictures showing various curves of various orders. The idea was that you view it manually frame by frame with a decent media player as it seemed that you somehow developed a preference for such pictures. Viewing it as an animation doesn't make any sense, I guess.

Which software do you use for converting avi's to animated gif's?

Embedding videos (at least those created by Mathcad) seems to be broken in this forum.

@Werner_E wrote:

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Thanks, Werner!

https://convertio.co/ru/avi-converter

https://convertio.co/ru/avi-converter

Thanks! While I'd rather prefer a locally installed program and so I don't like online converters much, I just gave it a try and it really produced good quality very fast and convenient.

I don't have much use for animated gifs (I feel that they are a bit disturbing in forum posts and less flexible than attached avis's) but when I will be in need for one I hope I remember that  site.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

NCH's Prism (https://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html) also converts video files to animated GIFs.

Beware not to install other stuff along (take care to switch off other options). It's free to use for a short time.

Success!
Luc

Thanks for the link. I gave Prism a try (it didn't ask for installing other SW like toolbars, etc.) and it worked OK. Did not find out what exactly the limitations of the free home version are.

The output though was far larger than that of convertio. When I needed animated GIFs I usually had used the free Gif-X (http://www.psynetic.net/index.php/grafikprogramme/gif-x-detail) in the past which offers more options but is not that easy to handle and also usually produces rather large files.

The small file size of convertio is somewhat amazing.

I attach the original avi and the two converted files for whatever it may be worth 😉

ani6_prism.gifani6_convertio.gif

Top Tags