cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Following sign of a function inside of solve block

AliErbay
1-Newbie

Following sign of a function inside of solve block

Hello ,

I am putting my solve block into for loop iteration and there are some user defined basic functions inside

But apparently i need to adjust a parameter k inside of the solve block according to their change signs as the iteration continues.

I am attaching my worksheet , i defined my problem and condition for k parameter again somewhere below. I'd like to know how to implement this inside of the for loop.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

I've no idea what's going on in this worksheet, but does this do what you want?

Alan

Unfortunately , not exactly

i need to know values of tgE and tgphi after each iteration. and then ıf the conditions met k will be 1 or -1 ( it depends last two iteration solutions )

In the sheet, we are not checking any previous tgE and tgphi

So i should find a way to collect tgE and tgphi as i create array of solutions for E, a , b in this case

Because if i dont change the k depending on last solutions it will not converge for some values and calculation will not continue.

this is a Pseudo-arclength method solver for a very nonlinear system, tgE and tgphi needs to be tracked in order to draw S-shaped curves. Because after turning a limit point, i should change sign of tangent vector by myself. So i need to have information of last two solutions to adjust sign of k ( which is basically sign of the tangent vector )

Difficult to know if this is what you want or if it is correct but is this closer to what you are trying to do ?

Regards

Andy

Top Tags