cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

For Loop, maximum stress value

SFares
12-Amethyst

For Loop, maximum stress value

Hello,

In the attached sheet:

For each load value for P, i 'd like to compute von Mises stress when the load is applied at different angles provided the von Mises stress doesnt exceed the limit( 50 ksi).  it should report each load, the angles, and von Mises. if the stress goes over the limit then not to report the angles or the stress because it exceeds the limit.

Thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:SFares)

Attached is another file and its pdf.  At the very end is your problem; Express won't program, so I've built a matrix with all of the test cases.  

FredKohlhepp_0-1603561503425.png 

The file will open and calculate in any version of Prime from 4 up.  The math expressions as typed will execute in Mathcad 15.  As I've already said, I don't believe the file you're starting from is computing the Von Mises stress correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:SFares)

Attached is another file and its pdf.  At the very end is your problem; Express won't program, so I've built a matrix with all of the test cases.  

FredKohlhepp_0-1603561503425.png 

The file will open and calculate in any version of Prime from 4 up.  The math expressions as typed will execute in Mathcad 15.  As I've already said, I don't believe the file you're starting from is computing the Von Mises stress correctly.

I appreciate your help. Thank you Fred!

Top Tags