cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Formulate a transfer function symbolically from a set of equations from KCL and KVL

bmulyanto
6-Contributor

Formulate a transfer function symbolically from a set of equations from KCL and KVL

Hi,

I would like to get the transfer function from a set of equations that I got from KCL and KVL.

I am not sure how to do it in Mathcad (Prime 5).

From here, this is what I tried.

bmulyanto_0-1607740265674.png

EDIT:

sorry for the edit. I should have just gone to sleep yesterday...and mine is Prime 4.

bmulyanto_0-1607798744188.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have three equations so you should solve for three variables.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for - could it be something like this:

Werner_E_1-1607793017243.png

Worksheet in Prime 5 format attached.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

May be so:

tr-fun.png

Hi,

sorry I was not clear.

i1 and vx should be eliminated.

EDIT: I added vx

You have three equations so you should solve for three variables.

I am not sure what exactly you are looking for - could it be something like this:

Werner_E_1-1607793017243.png

Worksheet in Prime 5 format attached.

bmulyanto
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Hi,

Thanks. I got it closer.

bmulyanto_0-1607801304461.png

Is there a way to make the numerator into the form like what I posted in my EDIT?

Is there a way to make the numerator into the form like what I posted in my EDIT?

I don't think so. We have very few possibilities to influence the representation of the result of symbolic evaluations in Prime.

You may try to play around with the few keywords we have at hand, but I don't think that you will succeed

Werner_E_0-1607799317102.png

Instead of "collect, v.x" you should rather use "simplify" to let Prime cancel v.x

"factor" alone will also do this job as it applies implicit simplification.

Top Tags