cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Function for solving equations independently

ptc-5310371
1-Newbie

Function for solving equations independently

Hi all,

This might be an incredibly basic question but I'm a newcomer to MathCAD and a bit stuck...

I'm looking for a function that will independently solve a set of equations for me - so, for example, I have equations in the format

A(X) - B(Y) = 0

Where A and B are further functions of other variables. Basically, I want to have MathCAD return the values of Y (to make the above true) whilst I'm varying the value of X (as vector input values).

All of the functions I have used so far have been about solving a set of simulataneous equations. I've been trying to use the "Find" function but I'm not having any success using it for independent equations....

Hope that's not too ambiguous and someone can help.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Something like this?

simequ.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Robert Watts wrote:

but I'm not having any success using it for independent equations....

Show please your sheet or other simple example with your functions.

Robert Watts wrote:

All of the functions I have used so far have been about solving a set of simulataneous equations. I've been trying to use the "Find" function but I'm not having any success using it for independent equations....

Hope that's not too ambiguous and someone can help.

Thanks!

That is what Find is supposed to do. I'm unclear about your distinction between "independent" and "simultaneous" equations.

Something like this?

simequ.png

Aha!

Apologies for the confusion - I wrote this at the end of a very long day and had been struggling with the problem for a while!

What I was after was (apparantly!) the "vectorize operator" - thanks a bunch!

Top Tags