cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function to dertermine quadrant

Re: Function to dertermine quadrant

Eden Mei wrote:

Mike,

That's great... It's not my area of expertise, so I had some trouble myself. That bobble I referred to was that I had posted an earlier version and only afterwards, realized that I had N and E backwards. That was followed by another moment of doubt when I thought the rotation wasn't working correctly.

I didn't mention it, but you can assign the find statement to a function, and your user's sheet can call the function after the values are entered, or, you could input coordinates into an array, and use an indexed array to retrieve the conversions.

TTFN

Eden,

It does get a little tricky with the rotation angle, at least it can be checked on AutoCAD to ensure correctness.

Cheers for the other recommendations, will have a look later today.

Mike

Eden Mei wrote:

I didn't mention it, but you can assign the find statement to a function, and your user's sheet can call the function after the values are entered, or, you could input coordinates into an array, and use an indexed array to retrieve the conversions.

TTFN

Eden,

I am struggling assigning the find statement to a function. If you have the time would you create an example of each of your suggestions above?

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Eden Mei wrote:

TTFN

Eden,

I am struggling assigning the find statement to a function. If you have the time would you create an example of each of your suggestions above?

Mike

For completness I have attached a image of a function which will handle mutilple inputs and convert them into either Plant or OSGB.

Mike

Mike,

Sorry to have missed your posting, it's absurdly difficult to keep track of what's what in this forum. I'll try to take a look at it a later today.

TTFN,

Eden

Announcements