cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Function with a range variable argument among others

ArjunBangalore
1-Newbie

Function with a range variable argument among others

Hi,

Sorry about the messed up previous post.

I have a function with six parametters that generates a spectrum with 1024 points.When I supply a single value for all the six parameters, it generates a valid spectrum that I can plot and examine. one of the arguments is standoff distance, I want to get spectra at different standoff distances. Therefore, I supplied distance parameter as a range variable thinking that all calculations for one distance  will be repeated for other distance values. The function output has correct number of spectra, each with 1024 points. But the spectral values are all the same, Can someone help me understand what is going on? I have pasted below a screenshot of values.SpectrumGeneration.PNG

Thanks,

Arjun

4 REPLIES 4

Please delete the other post (the one with the very big title).

In order to help, we shall need to see the definition of the spectrum() function.

Best attach the entire worksheet. In case you don't know how to: if you use the 'advanced editor' of this forum, there will be a button to attach something.

Success!
Luc

Thanks Luc.

I am attaching a Mathcad file that describes the problem that I have. It is not exactly the spectral function, but very similar with values. Also, I am attaching a text file with crosssection values that is needed in the calculation.

Regards,

Arjun

Changed a few things.

Range variables are NOT vectors.

Thanks Fred.

In my code with DistRange (range variable), the function evaluated to give a vector of 18 entries with each entry having [513,1] values. Help me understand what is this and what the code was doing?

Arjun

Top Tags