cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Functional Solve Block

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Functional Solve Block

Dear Everyone,

How can I solve the root of equation as matrix as picture attachment (Red Circle)? 
Many thank for replying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Set up the calculation just for single values, turn them into functions and call them vectorized.

Maybe that way:

Unbenannt.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SPRstructur)

Please (also) attach your worksheet. You may have to zip it first.

A serious bug in this forum often prevents from attaching a mathcad file. In Windows Explorer click with the right-mouse button on the mathcad file and select 'Send to' -> 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. The resulting .zip file can be attached.

Success!
Luc

Dear Sir,
Please see attachment

Thank u

Set up the calculation just for single values, turn them into functions and call them vectorized.

Maybe that way:

Unbenannt.PNG

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Wow so nice ! 😍😍😍
I will try it
Many thank !
SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

fs(a,h) it should be matrics but it isn't. I just know that because min()  make the solution wrong. I can't solve it.
Please solve it ,
Thank you so much!
PTC2.png

@SPRstructur wrote:

fs(a,h) it should be matrics but it isn't.

You have to use vectorization:

Bild.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Thank you for help!

It still wrong because min(Es*|et(a,h|,fy)  (Red Highlight) the result not matric but number that make the answer of fs(a,h)  wrong and cause a  (the element of number in [] should be different because it depend on h )  wrong too.

The solution that I want to find is to make min(Es*|et(a,h|,fy)  to Matric to take its element to take part in Calculation.

|et(a,h|   its result is Norm of Whole matrics  but not Abs of Element of Matrics. We need it as Abs of Element of Matrics, if we can do, The solution is.PTC3.png

|et(a,h|   its result is Norm of Whole matrics  but not Abs of Element of Matrics. We need it as Abs of Element of Matrics

But this is exactly what happens when you call the function vectorized!

Bild.png

Top Tags