cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Generalized Integral

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Generalized Integral

Hello everyone!
Why is the generalized integral, highlighted in the figure, null? when, instead, should it be 1?
Thank you very much
Greetings F. M.

Generalized integral.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:LucMeekes)

The result of the indefinite integral with my mathcad 15 version, is the correct one.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

Maybe this hlps to explain.  (Mathcad 11 of course):

LM_20181018_Integral.png

Success!
Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Thanks Luc for the answer. It would be more satisfying if you gave me an answer using mathcad 15, which is my version. If I open your file it gives me the wrong font style of the modifiers and then I have to change them to "variables". Once changed, from the results if I add" assume, omega0> 0" it returns 0.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

What is Mathcad 15 /Mupad's result of the 3rd equation (the indefinite integral)?

Because that is what it (at least internally) should work with to get the result of the first equation.

Luc

Here is a result in Mathcad 15 M045 (warning for the second result "Result is too large to display"):

Pic_1.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

The result of the indefinite integral with my mathcad 15 version, is the correct one.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Since Maple was replaced by MuPad in Mathcad the program was "famous" for wrong symbolical integrals.

A lot of internal integral tables were corrected when they switched from Version 14 to version 15, but by far not all problems were fixed that way.

Mathcad / MuPad is just mediocre and can not compete with Maple or Mathematica in any way.

Here are some strange insights into the "thinking" of MuPad. Not sure why in the last integral the result should be 0 if 1/a >0 but something different if a not equals zero.

B.png

Top Tags