cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Get list of subfolder name in a folder

PatriceBujard-d
1-Newbie

Get list of subfolder name in a folder

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me how to get (from within Mathcad) the name of the folder(s) (not the files) within another folder ?

Thanks to good answers from the community I can now read a list of files within a specific folder and also delete the one's which I want to discard.

It works very well and I thank the mathcad champion's who answered my questions.

I still need to type the name of the specific folder.

In fact the main folder comprises many sub folder which themselves comprise the files to delete.

May be someone already answered in a file which I cannot open because I have Mathcad 14 and not the last update because I have no administrator rights for the company laptop.

Thank you

Youki

8 REPLIES 8

There is a component in my utilities sheet I posted recently to do just that.

Philip

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

There is a component in my utilities sheet I posted recently to do just that.

Can you re-post it?

I have a copy of your latest worksheet and cannot seem to find the function.

Mike

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeArmstrong)

My collated utilities are Here http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1613 (V11 mcvd) and Here http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1612 (V14 xmcdz). They are under User 'philipoakley' // Documents.

Look in the "File & Directory Components" Area and then use the Directory List example.

I can't remember if this one requires the button to be clicked to get the action or if it will automatically execute. I think it is the former, i.e. the user directs where the code is going. I have used version where it is automatic (simply edit the 'state' control?) so will process all the directories.

Philip

Thank you for the answers,

Yes I found most all utilities which I need.

I downloaded the file and tried the "DirlList" with V15 and V14. It doesn't work.

When I click on it, it says "variable undefined". I have also tried to click on the button first but it didn't help.

Can you tell me what I did wrong. I would like to have these utilities running.

Thank you

Dear all

The issue has been solved.

The posted scripts are running well but don't forget to remove the flag "disable evaluation"

Thank for your help

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PhilipOakley)

Look in the "File & Directory Components" Area and then use the Directory List example.

Superb function.

I love these script objects.

Maybe another reason why I'm not that keen on Prime 1.0.

Mike

Dear All!

How can I get the name project (or projects) and the name subfolder (or subfolders) in project (Windchill ProjectLink 9.1) if I know name user in table WTUSER. i.e. I want to know which projects and subfolders uses user. I need to know relation between tables WTUSER, SUBFOLDER, PROJECT2 etc in DB ORACLE.

Thank you!

Yuri

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:dtolmachev)

This is the Mathcad section.

You might want to post your query here http://communities.ptc.com/community/windchill

Message was edited by: Mike Armstrong

Top Tags