cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Given-Find Non Linear system solution with interp function

smilani
5-Regular Member

Given-Find Non Linear system solution with interp function

Dear all,

I need to solve a system of non linear equation.

I have a problem with mu(theta) function: if I use this function in given-find system, mathcad not find solution, but if I set a constant value the system is solved. 

How can I set the mu function, into the given-find solution to obtain the correct solution?

Best regards

Stefano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The symbolics can't deal with numeric interpolation functions  - that seems to be the real reason for the error.

But I guess you don't need a symbolic result. Simply provide reasonable guess values and use numeric evaluation:

Bild.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The symbolics can't deal with numeric interpolation functions  - that seems to be the real reason for the error.

But I guess you don't need a symbolic result. Simply provide reasonable guess values and use numeric evaluation:

Bild.PNG

smilani
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I set the initial guess, but I continue to have a problem. Can you share the file?

Thanks

wrote:

I set the initial guess, but I continue to have a problem. Can you share the file?

Already deleted

But I guess you forgot to delete the symbolic evaluation (the arrow -> after Find)

Either use Find(...) without anything after it or use a normal equal sign for numeric evaluation

Found it again

See attached

Top Tags