cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Given-Find: Undefined Variable

iantempleton0
3-Visitor

Given-Find: Undefined Variable

Hello, I am working on some Laplace Transform problems and the problem got messy quickly and I figured I would just use a given find to solve for A, B, C, and D(for the partial fraction). But I am unfortunately running into an issue that I have seen before but I cannot remember how I resolved it. The reoccuring issue is the last variable in the matrix will appear to be undefined when it is clearly defined beforehand. I want to make sure to write down how to properly use the given find so this issue will not occur again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

1. Please attach your worksheet in zip archive to the message.

2. Mathcad forum: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/bd-p/PTCMathcad

I am illiterate when its comes to zipping files, but I think I may have done it correctly.

You can use the "Minerr" function instead of "Find" (which tries to find an exact solution).

Pic_1.png

Okay but how is A=1.47, when underneath given I clearly defined
12A=30 with the Boolean equal sign
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:iantempleton0)

Like this:

LM_20171028_GivenFind.png

Thank you very much, like I said this was an annoying partial fraction problem I must have made a math error at some point or the solutions manual is incorrect. Which that isn't the first occasion, anyways thank you for help.

I pointed to this solution earlier.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:VladimirN)

Yes, you did.

Top Tags