cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Given/Find command to find functions

lprotopapa
1-Newbie

Given/Find command to find functions

Hello everyone,this is my first post here.

How can I use "Given/Find" in this situation (see my file) to find e(s) and k(s) (which are functions, not exact values)?

The problem is a beam made of two glued materials (iron and copper), embedded at one end, loaded with a load P (down, positive y) at the other:

I have to find the distribution of "sigma zz" (z is the axis of the beam), for which e(s) and k(s) are needed.

However I think mine is just a problem of calculus, so even non-engineer could help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

More like the attached?

Incidentally, the inner integral of your each of your double integrals seems to be independent of x, so you could remove it and just multiply the remaining integral with respect to y by B.

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

More like the attached?

Incidentally, the inner integral of your each of your double integrals seems to be independent of x, so you could remove it and just multiply the remaining integral with respect to y by B.

Alan

Thank you very much,

I kinda figured out that was the way, but never managed to put it down formally...

And yeah, I know of the integral: i put it down that way just in case I have to pass to a more complicated distribution.

Thanks again

Hello,

In your variables you use e = 0, this expression redefines MathCad integrated consistently, which is the log = 2.718.

Best Regards.

Denis

Yes, I know it, but since I am not planning to use e=2.718, I might as well use the notation for Eulero-Bernoulli as seen during my classes.

Thanks anyway.

Top Tags