cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given/Solve error - result returned too large to display

SOLVED
Highlighted

Given/Solve error - result returned too large to display

I am working with some students to try and solve a system of three equations using a Give/Solve block. Mathcad 14 is solving, but we are getting an error that says, "The symbolic result returned is too large to display, but it can be used in subsequent calculations if assigned to a function or variable."

Can someone help us out?

Thanks,

Alan

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Given/Solve error - result returned too large to display

Alan Elmer wrote:

I am working with some students to try and solve a system of three equations using a Give/Solve block. Mathcad 14 is solving, but we are getting an error that says, "The symbolic result returned is too large to display, but it can be used in subsequent calculations if assigned to a function or variable."

Can someone help us out?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

Break it down see attached.

Mike

25 REPLIES 25

Alan Elmer wrote:

Can someone help us out?

Thanks,

Alan

Alan,

Break it down see attached.

Mike

*.zip problem is unviable.

As soon as the Mathcad zip is open it crucifies Mathcad

it returns Mathcad and all the box to the gear speed

fractional 0 [zer]., like a tired turtle !

jmG

Perfect!!! Thanks for uploading the file, that made life much simpler!!!.

Alan

Didn't understand your response, but the attached .gif made sense.

Thanks,

Alan

Nobody else is having these zip problems. What are you using to unzip the files?

Richard Jackson wrote:

Nobody else is having these zip problems. What are you using to unzip the files?

Richard,

I've had the zip problems. The particular issue I get is that even after extracting the file, when I double click it, I find that while mathcad comes up I get and empty worksheet showing, as if there was some corruption. Part of the problem is achieving a solid repeatability (and remembering the steps I used when it happens). I'm using winzip 6.2

Philip

OK. I am using Filzip. It's free, and handles many types of archive. If I click on the link in the forum it opens in Filzip. If I double click on the Mathcad file in Filzip it opens in Mathcad. I have only had a problem with one file, so perhaps it's worth trying Filzip. If you have problems with that then at least we can rule out the Zip software.

Thanks Philip,

The problem is worst than what you describe . Many of the *.zip don't even download, maybe because they don't upload from the originator. The "post message", I have just classifiedd in the "catatonic syndrome" and the *.zip too. I use Winzip [like you]. I won't even call Planet PTC a beta version. Just too bad because the compobox is fine, but that's not enough for collaboration and work sheet review and exchange.

jmG

Using WinZip 14.5 !!!???

No problems with upload, download, posting, whatever. The only gripes are:

> site seems to log me off after some duration of inactivity

> Mathcad overview page has no way to mark "read"

> "trending" thread display seems pointless

> somehow, people are posting files as "documents" which does not allow for replies, only comments

TTFN