cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Graphing if statements

kcotton
1-Newbie

Graphing if statements

Hello,

Another problem I'm having is with graphing if statements. I tried the milti-line one a I wouldn't graph and I couldn't get the single line if(test,true,false) to work. I have tried both with and with out units. The if statement doesn't like the variable with a range. I tried to do vectro selection, the [ , but that didn't work either. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question with an easy solution, I think it is.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:kcotton)

Is this what you expected?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Is this what you expected?

Thanks, I knew it was something simple like that. It is close but if I don't use units I need to convert C to K which is why the graph looks weird.

Kendall Cotton wrote:

Thanks, I knew it was something simple like that. It is close but if I don't use units I need to convert C to K which is why the graph looks weird.

??

Maybe a log-log scale would be more appropriate?

1.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Kendall Cotton wrote:

I do not understand. The method I posted works with units.

When defining the two functions you want to plot you have to type T.emp for the argument - you forgot to subscript the "emp".

Another way to fix it is to remove all those subscripts from the right side of the definition.

Top Tags