cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Graphing the same function on Primary and Secondary Y axis with different Units.

ptc-2130979
1-Newbie

Graphing the same function on Primary and Secondary Y axis with different Units.

I'm trying to create a graph of a force vs distance graph in MathCad 14 and would like to show the output of the function in both Newtons and Lbf. I have set up the plot with the primary and secondary axis both plotting the same function but returning results using different units. The scaling of the second axis does not match up directly with the primary axis and as such the funtion plots are not co-linear which is visually confusing. Is there a way to have the dual Y axis for different units without plotting the function twice? Or link the scales so that the graphs are the same? In the photo below I would like only one graph but associated with both the primary and secondary axis, with the secondary axis scaled to match the primary.

Force graph.bmp

3 REPLIES 3

You have the ability to set the end points of your scales; you can force the scales to be the same, but divisions of one scale are going to be strange numbers.

Here's an example using Fred's suggestion.

Alan

One example - The balance of the fluid (cubic meters Primary axis Y and barrels- Secondary Y) in a cylindrical tsistserne with spherical bottoms.

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_12/1_66_Plot_V_V.png

Top Tags