cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Greek italics don't work in MC 15 M020

HarveyHensley
3-Visitor

Greek italics don't work in MC 15 M020

I just installed Mathcad 15 version M020 and found that the Greek letters in equations don't appear if the font is italics (doesn't appear to matter what basic font is used).

There are two files attached. Both are the same file except one uses Times New Roman italics and one is the same with Time New Roman regular for the equation style. If you click on the H in the one with italics you will see a huge box and cursor that goes on for many pages.

My previous version, M005, did not have this problem.

This problem caused the converter to Prime to not work until I changed the font to regular in the MC15 file.

Has this problem been reported to the PTC support group?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Display issues such as this most likely caused by an out-of-date graphics driver and updating the driver to the latest version should resolve the issue. Users need to visit the appropriate vendor's website to download/install the latest driver.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I am using MC15 M020, too, and I don't experience anything unusual with your file. I can't confirm the huge text box.

So you saw the complete equation in the italics version?

Can you type in Greek math symbols in the italicts version and use them okay also?

Harvey Hensley wrote:

So you saw the complete equation in the italics version?

Can you type in Greek math symbols in the italicts version and use them okay also?

Yes two times.

Here is a screenshot of what I see:

greek_italics.png

Thanks Werner, looks like I may have to reinstall MC15. Here's what I see when I click in the math equation:

italics_error.png

And if I start a new equation in this worksheet using a Greek letter, the same thing happens when the Greek letter is created.

Display issues such as this most likely caused by an out-of-date graphics driver and updating the driver to the latest version should resolve the issue. Users need to visit the appropriate vendor's website to download/install the latest driver.

The PTC Support Group helped me get the latest driver in a phone/chat session. It did solve the problem. Thanks so much for the help!

I got called out of town so I'm a little late with this thankyou note.

Harvey

Top Tags