cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Greenhouse.mcd

ptc-1761061
5-Regular Member

Greenhouse.mcd

A simplified model of the Major effects that govern the AVERAGE temperature on the Earth's surface.

2 REPLIES 2

The model is a bit too far. The average temperature of earth around the sphere is around 6.5 °C. several errors or incomplete pieces are the cause.This kind of blog does not show any reply, it does not allow attaching a work sheet.

Thanks James.

ptc-1761061
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1761061)

What do you mean "This kind of blog does not show any reply, it does not allow attaching a work sheet."?  What do I need to do so you can download it and make changes?

As regard the 6.5C average temperature, you have probably figured out by now that I was mostly guessing (estimating sounds better) most of the values I used, such as albedos etc.

Tha last bit on water vapor convection was pretty much a flight of fancy, but the entire (simple) model just shows how complicated a process it is to arrive at a realistic model of the energy balance between the Earth-Sun system.

I  would be interested in hearing from you about any errors and incompleteness that you spotted.

Thanks for your interest

Jim Boyd

Top Tags