cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greenhouse.mcd

ptc-1761061
4-Participant

Greenhouse.mcd

A simplified model of the Major effects that govern the AVERAGE temperature on the Earth's surface.

2 REPLIES 2

The model is a bit too far. The average temperature of earth around the sphere is around 6.5 °C. several errors or incomplete pieces are the cause.This kind of blog does not show any reply, it does not allow attaching a work sheet.

Thanks James.

What do you mean "This kind of blog does not show any reply, it does not allow attaching a work sheet."?  What do I need to do so you can download it and make changes?

As regard the 6.5C average temperature, you have probably figured out by now that I was mostly guessing (estimating sounds better) most of the values I used, such as albedos etc.

Tha last bit on water vapor convection was pretty much a flight of fancy, but the entire (simple) model just shows how complicated a process it is to arrive at a realistic model of the energy balance between the Earth-Sun system.

I  would be interested in hearing from you about any errors and incompleteness that you spotted.

Thanks for your interest

Jim Boyd

Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."