cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Greyed out area, and moving an image

SFares
12-Amethyst

Greyed out area, and moving an image

Hello,

i have two questions:

1. why is the area in the attached mathcad sheet is grayed out?

2. i am trying to move the image on page 1 down because it is covering part of the calculation, but i cant seem to have any control to move that region.

3. this is a general question, when i print mathcad sheets , some times half of a table shows uo one page and the other half on the next page. i try to shift the table so it is below or above the dotted line for a new page , but some how mathcad shifts it again. is there a better way to have a better control over printing ?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:SFares)

sameer fares wrote:

Hello,

i have two questions:

Which area? I don't see any area which is greyed out. If you are speaking of the grey background you see, this is because you switched on "View"-"Regions".

2. i am trying to move the image on page 1 down because it is covering part of the calculation, but i cant seem to have any control to move that region.

It is a very, very bad habit to put all text and math regions inside one text region. And your text region spans over four pages! Thats the reason you are limiting yourself when it comes to formatting and placing of regions. The ability to put regions inside a text region simply is not meant to be used the way you do. The best I can think of is right clicking on the image, cut, insert it beside the big text region and then drag it to the position you want it to be. (see attachement). If you are unable to select the image, right click and chose "Send to Back", click somewhere outside and then try again to select the image.

3. this is a general question, when i print mathcad sheets , some times half of a table shows uo one page and the other half on the next page. i try to shift the table so it is below or above the dotted line for a new page , but some how mathcad shifts it again. is there a better way to have a better control over printing ?

I can't remember having experienced this problem myself. If you put the table inside a text region like you did with all the calcs in the sheet you attached, this may be the problem, but I am absolutely not sure about that.

You may also try to change the fontsize, allignment, etc of the table by using the right click menu.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:SFares)

sameer fares wrote:

Hello,

i have two questions:

Which area? I don't see any area which is greyed out. If you are speaking of the grey background you see, this is because you switched on "View"-"Regions".

It is a very, very bad habit to put all text and math regions inside one text region. And your text region spans over four pages! Thats the reason you are limiting yourself when it comes to formatting and placing of regions. The ability to put regions inside a text region simply is not meant to be used the way you do. The best I can think of is right clicking on the image, cut, insert it beside the big text region and then drag it to the position you want it to be. (see attachement). If you are unable to select the image, right click and chose "Send to Back", click somewhere outside and then try again to select the image.

I can't remember having experienced this problem myself. If you put the table inside a text region like you did with all the calcs in the sheet you attached, this may be the problem, but I am absolutely not sure about that.

You may also try to change the fontsize, allignment, etc of the table by using the right click menu.

SFares
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you Werner!

i did not develop this sheet. i was trying to make edits to it when i ran into these issues. Thanks!

Top Tags