cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

[HELP NEEDED] Mathcad 15 suddently won't start

khansen
1-Newbie

[HELP NEEDED] Mathcad 15 suddently won't start

Title pretty much sums it up.

I've been using Mathcad 15 for almost a year with a license which runs through my school's server. So it's a server license.

One day it just wouldn't launch. I've tried everything from re-installing to running it in compatibility mode.

Please help if you can!

(maybe) relevant info:

Windows 10

Lenovo laptop

Thanks in advance, Kevin.

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:khansen)

Hi Kevin,

This 10-th version of Windows has already been installed on your laptop, or you upgraded it from earlier version (7. 8, 8.1)?

You can try the following to:

1. Submit an academic support request, here: Academic Case Logger

2. Use the Mathcad support wizard: Mathcad Support Center

3. Post your issue in "PTC Academic Support" forum: Academic Support

I upgraded from Win8 to Win10, but the program has already functioned on Win10, which is why I'm confused.

Thanks for taking your time to assist me.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:khansen)

Try to repair it Mathcad 15: "Control Panel" --> "Add/Remove" --> right click on Mathcad15 icon and select "Repair".

What do you mean by "it suddenly won't start"?

What happens if you doubleclick the icon or try to start the programs by other means?

Nothing at all, or do you see a splash screen, or do you get a screen telling you that the license is not valid or that no license server was found?

What exactly happens when you try to start the program?

WE

I probably should have mentioned this in the first place.

When i launch the program, nothing visually happens at all. I can see the process appear in joblist, but it quickly disappears.

Thanks for taking your time to assist me.

Strange!

The usual hard to answer question would be "what did you, which program did you install, uninstall, update, before Mathcad stopped launching?".

Guess you already tried a repair installation as Vladimir suggested or even a deinstall/reinstall procedure?

I am not sure if you are entitled for a support call at PTC, but you may give it a try (see the links in Vladimirs first answer).

Top Tags