cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

HOW TO UNPACK MATRIC IN MATHCAD PRIME

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

HOW TO UNPACK MATRIC IN MATHCAD PRIME

Dear Everyone,

Could you suggest me how to unpack matric in Mathcad Prime?  (as PIC attached below)

Many thank for your help.
Best regard,

Phearun.

PC-5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While I would prefer writing a small program to do the job, here is a way doing it without programming.

I have chosen an ORIGIN aware approach, but as it seems you hae changed ORIGIN from the default 0 to value 1, you sure could replace ORIGIN by 1 in the expression.

Note, that using your original data the result would still be just a 4x4 matrix. You still will have to explain how you would derive that 8x8 matrix you are asking for.

Bild2.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:SPRstructur)

Well that's a bug. You should ask yourself how that operation could result in a 4x1 nested vector. The answer is, "it can't".

Prime bug.JPG

To get to the next part of your question, how to expand a 2x2 nested matrix of 2x2 matrices into an 8x8 matrix, the answer is "you can't". Where would all the extra elements come from?

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:RichardJ)

My purpose, I want to show all number elements of matrices as Prefer Answer , can?

Richard already explained that the display after the inline evalution is wrong and thats a Prime bug.

If you write c= you see the correct structure.

I could understand if you ask for a 4 x 4 matrix with all 16 values unnested, but I also don't understand how you would calculate the 64 values of the 8x8 matrix you are asking for!!

Bild.png

While I would prefer writing a small program to do the job, here is a way doing it without programming.

I have chosen an ORIGIN aware approach, but as it seems you hae changed ORIGIN from the default 0 to value 1, you sure could replace ORIGIN by 1 in the expression.

Note, that using your original data the result would still be just a 4x4 matrix. You still will have to explain how you would derive that 8x8 matrix you are asking for.

Bild2.png

OK, finally here are two ways to achieve the result using some programming.

Anyway still being curious about your 8x8 matrix

Bild3.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Perfect 👌! These 2 methods
You go my point 😍😍😍 👍👍👍

Just for fun here is a third function doing the job.

Guess your 8x8 matrix was a mistake and you meant 4x4

Bild3.png

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

👍👍👍
Top Tags