cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Hard copy, on-line calculation, Mathcad-function for download...

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Hard copy, on-line calculation, Mathcad-function for download...

It is a very productive idea... I think, I hope...

Read this article please and tell me - am I right or not!

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Opt-Filtr/Ochkov-Rohm-Haas-Resin-Eng.pdf

It will be a part of Math Knovel technology and business model...

Has PTC an interest for this?! I dont know

See too http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1424

4 REPLIES 4

"Today the most popular tools for engineering calculations are considered to be mathematical package Mathcad and spreadsheet Excel2"

Hmmm ... I doubt that the guys at the Mathworks (for example) would agree with this!

There are probably many companies for whom the approach is seen as a good one.  I doubt if many Defence industry Companies would be keen though, nor those for whom commercial security is important (assuming exposure of technical programs/data to the open internet is insecure to some degree)..

I also wonder how many companies (large ones, anyway) would be keen to abdicate total control of their technical software engine (ie Mathcad in this case).  It could leave them uncomfortably exposed if a problem occurred whose solution was not under their control. 

Thanks, Alan!

> Hmmm ... I doubt that the guys at the Mathworks (for example) would agree with this!

Hmmm ... We are on the PlanetPTC not on the PlanetMathworks

But

1. Matlab is not an engineering calculator but a programming language for technical calculation.

2. We can download not only Mathcad-files and Excel Spread-sheets but Matlab, Pascal, C, fortran etc files too.

>I also wonder how many companies (large ones, anyway

>would be keen to abdicate total control of their technical software engine...

I think not only about Internet ("a world IT cesspool") but about Intranets too (Mathcad+WindChill e.g.)

Matlab is a unquotable word here :

Top Tags