cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Hello I'm a new Mathcad Utilizer, and I need your help to do this manipulation. To plot impedance versus frequene. The formulas are attached.f

bdjel
1-Newbie

Hello I'm a new Mathcad Utilizer, and I need your help to do this manipulation. To plot impedance versus frequene. The formulas are attached.f

hello

i am a new Mathcad utiliser ,and i need your help to do this manipulation,to plot impedance/frequency.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:bdjel)

What are Clg, Cmg, and Cng? Capacitances? If so, what values? What is alpha? At a guess, it's a value between 0 and 1, but if you don't tell us then we can only guess. What is P? An angular frequency? If all of my guesses are correct, then the formulas calculate reactances, not impedances. You need to provide more information.

bdjel
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

I thank you for your advice, I want to make the unimportant curves of the numerical application. Alpha the cyclic ratio.

The attached parts shows what to do after the converter principle shema, I have to make my impedance for EMC studies.

greetings

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

What is p?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RichardJ)

The variable p is sometimes used, instead of s, as the argument of the Laplace transformed function. Then

For a pure imaginary p, you essentially get the Fourier transform, so in this case :

The overview provided gives three values  for Z.LG and a single value for Z.NG.

I think that's an error, the rightmost Z.LG is most probably meant to be  Z.NG.

Z.d and Z.m are parasitic capacitances respectively of the diode and the switch (which is a MOSFET, hence the m).

It eludes me why the impedance of the upper coil should be equal to the impedance of the construct of the upper capacitances (and the same for the lower part of the circuit).

None of the Z or l expressions would give traces resembling those provided at the bottom of the sheet. The Z expressions give downward traces with respect to frequency, and the l expressions give upward traces. No peaking.

All in all, without proper values of the components there's nothing to plot anyway.

Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I would give you this advice: to study well Electrical Engineering, and do many exercises on the exercise book writing with the pen, then, in the future, go to mathcad.

bdjel
1-Newbie
(To:-MFra-)

Thank u

Top Tags