cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Help, I have got a problem, this world is wrong...

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Help, I have got a problem, this world is wrong...

I remembered an old anecdote of perestroika time.
An old man comes to the new travel agency and want to choose a country for a ride. Agent in the travel agency gives him a globe and asked to select the desired country to visit. Old man long select the country and asked the agent to give him another... globe.

Do you (PTC) have for me another Mathcad?

6 REPLIES 6

A lot of us would like to go back to the "old country!"

But which "old country"? To several of us, Mathcad 11 was the most capable version. Whilst M15 has nice improvements it still retained SUC, poor recursion and incorporated few of the features we'd like to have seen.

Progress can sometimes be painful.

But ten years from now, while we are busy polishing and oiling our sentient robot overlords, we will wistfully look back on this time as the "good old days" when such issues mattered.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:MichaelH)

You don't seriously think a sentient robot is going to trust some clumsy human, who thinks and acts in the scale of seconds and millimetres for goodness' sake, with precision tasks such as polishing and oiling? Even with the compulsory uploading of secondary CPUs and network devices, we'll be good for little more than use as distributed processing hubs.

Still, it's not all bad news. Remember the pre-perestroika joke about why secret policemen go around in threes? One to read, one to write ...? Well, at least the third one won't have to keep an eye on the other two dangerous intellectuals - the "Net" will do that for him (or her).

Valery Ochkov wrote:

I remembered an old anecdote of perestroika time.
An old man comes to the new travel agency and want to choose a country for a ride. Agent in the travel agency gives him a globe and asked to select the desired country to visit. Old man long select the country and asked the agent to give him another... globe.

I wan't the Martian terraformed version that we can make to our desires ...

I have "another" Mathcad - Mathcad Prime Minister

See http://communities.ptc.com/groups/mathcad-pm-prime-minister

Top Tags