Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for iteration

SOLVED
Highlighted

Help for iteration

Hey guys,

I'm new in Mathcad and I'm doing my thesis now. I have some trouble finding how to do iteration in Mathcad.

So in my file, I have a reactor of 250 m. And I want to know how the concentration changes.

But, I want the simulation to run for >1 cycle. Which means I have to define a way to make the Cout (concentration out) from previous cycle, as a value for the Cin(2) concentration in of the next cycle. These are for both liquid and gas concentration.

So in summary I want to make a loop of :

COlin (x+1) = COlout (x)

COgin (x+1) = COgout (x) + COgin (x)

Help guys 😞

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help for iteration

@NandaV wrote:

I mean now I have the for loop cycle after the 1st cycle derivation.

No. I just left an example of a single cycle so you could see that changing the Odesolve block to a function didn't alter the calculation.  In the attached I've removed this!

@NandaV wrote:

Also, isn't now the system taking the value from previous x point, so the COlin (x) = COlout (X-1) instead of per cycle? 

No. Each cycle covers all values of x before updating the inlet values for the next cycle.  This is because all values of x are considered by the Odesolve function which is called just once per cycle.

Alan

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

What you have is two coupled first order differential equations.  Your "Given" block is missing its closure.

Given needs to be a closed block, in your case with Odesolve.  Review help on solving differential equations--there should be an example that is directly applicable.

Maybe you should look here.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Integration-Solver/m-p/578494#M183033

It deals with (what appears to be/almost?) the exact same problem.

Success!
Luc

Hey Luc, unfortunately, that is my other account which I forgot the password..

So that is still my case haha :'')

Hey Fred,

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by closed solve block?

Because in that file i'm using the "Given" which means I have the solve block already?

Now i'm just confused in trying to figure out how to loop the result as an input of the next derivation.

There's an old method in Mathcad that mimics Euler's approximation to ODE's.  This might work for you.

Capture.PNG

(set ORIGIN to 1)

@SavitriN wrote:

Hey Fred,

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by closed solve block?

Because in that file i'm using the "Given" which means I have the solve block already?

Now i'm just confused in trying to figure out how to loop the result as an input of the next derivation.

A solve block opens with "Given".

It closes with "Find" or with "Minerr" or with "Minimize", or with :Maximize," or with "ODEsolve" (maybe I've missed a couple.)

Yours doesn't close.

1.png

Yes I did closed it with the Odesolver…

As you can see in my attached picture.

So you should have two functions of the two parameters.  What happens if you type C.O2lSS(2m), or try to plot C.02lSS(x) vs x?