cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Help needed on Tables !

amitshah
1-Newbie

Help needed on Tables !

Hello,

I have a table, where one cell has equation which is the addition of Two cell, if I drag the output cell, all the rest of the addition will be applied to those cell.

Where I can only change the input, which save my lot of time.

I have attached the reference file and mentioned the example below.

"After inserting the formula in cell F8, which adds the values of A & B.To Apply the same formula I can drag the F8 cell and all the formulas can be applied to rest of the column."

Thanks

Amit

3 REPLIES 3

1) This is a Mathcad forum, not an Excel Forum

2) There is no question in your posting!?

If the question should be to simulate Excels behaviour in this respect with Mathcad's matrices you should attach a worksheet to show in which context you want to sum up which values.

Mathcad is no spreadsheet, its not table based, and thats a big advantage.

Hi Werner,

I am aware about I have posted this in Mathcad Forum.

But I am looking for the solution where I can get the functionlity which should help customer to reduce the time comparing to excel. Because I believe Excel is our biggest competitor.

For your second point, let me put my question in other way.

I want to have a table, where I want to add two values and the outcome should get in the new cell of the table.

now the addtion(formula) of two values will remain same, but how I can apply the same formula to a table which has more that 100 inputs.

I have also attached a excel sheet for reference only, so that you guys may know what exactly I am expecting from Mathcad to displace excel.

Thanks

Amit

Columns of a matrix are vectors. So simply add the first two vectors of your matrix to get a third vector with the sums you are after. If for whatever reason you want that third vector be part of your matrix ,too, use augment.

Always better for getting help is to tell the version of MC you use and to attach a Mathcad worksheet which shows your attempts.

Generally spoken spreadsheet calculators like Calc or Excel sure are competitors to Mathcad in some fields and a big advantage of Mathcad is, that its NOT table and cell based. That way engineers can think and work in terms more familiar and natural to them. One reason, companies are switching to MC from spreadsheets, is the better readability of the outcome - better documentation, less failureprone. The powerful math, symbolic math and the ability to be able to use units are further advantages while the worse 2D graphing capabilities sure are a minus.

Top Tags