cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Help needed using results from solve block (mathcad prime)

AshBrosnan
1-Newbie

Help needed using results from solve block (mathcad prime)

I am trying to create a list of x y coordinates where a line intercepts a set of circular arcs, the radii of the arcs is in a column vector and I would like to be able to use a solve block to create a list of the intercept points in an array so i can call individual points from it.

the solve block works and gives results as an indexed column, with a column vector holding the x,y values at each index, the values can easily be called from within the solve block but not from outside.

when the solve block is used for a single value the results are accessible from outside the block, why is this?

I need to do it this way because I will be changing the values of the radii as well as the number of points, and as far as i can tell solve blocks can't be used in program loops, and it is not practical to write out 150+ solve blocks.

this might be trivial but I am new to mathcad, have i done something wrong? or do you know any way round this?

note: I am aware there is lots of unrequired parts in the file, just trying to figure things out.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ash

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:AshBrosnan)

You can't put a solve block in a program, but you can turn the solve block into a function, and call the function as many times as you want.

Thanks, you are a legend!

cheers

Ash

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:AshBrosnan)

Thanks, you are a legend!

That he is. Pity there isn't a legend grade on the forum.

Mike

Top Tags