cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Help "These units are not compatible"

Jokerul1
3-Visitor

Help "These units are not compatible"

Hi , I am trying to solve this equation and it seems it can't be solved because of both "1" from the equation. Could you please help me find what units should i attribute to that values of "1" ? Thanks.

save me.png

7 REPLIES 7

The unit of the two 1's must be the same as the unit of the other summand in the sum they occur.

For further help you would have to attach your worksheet.

Thank you for your response. I still can't find the right units. I've attached the worksheet and the equation is on the last page. Please help me .

There are a lot more unit mismatches in your expression.

As it looks you are using an empirical formula which usually are not unit aware but rather from the form "if you put in a in meter and b in millimeter you get the area in square feet -> A = a*b".

The best way to deal with formulas of this kind is to get rid of all units by using variable/(expected unit) and then add the resulting unit.

In the example above: A:= a/m * b/mm * ft^2

You may use variable/UnitOf( variable) but this gives you no control over the unit you divide with.

In your case it would look something like this:

B.PNG

Thank you so much.

I forgot to mention: In your expression you typed a square bracket [ ]  which was wrong as this would create a matrix.

You have to type normal parentheses ( ) only!

Yes the unit of 1's  must be same because unit of other sum and also for the sum they occur mykfcexperience

"If you put in an in meter and b in millimeter you get the area in square feet -> A = a*b".

The best way to deal with formulas of this kind is to get rid of all units by using variable/(expected unit) and then add the resulting unit https://tellthebelll.us you will definitely get your answer.

Top Tags